Monday, January 25, 2010

Happiness is.................

Happiness has popped up alot lately. I am no expert, however I have walked this earth and lived through 38 years with my own personal trials and tribulations just as you all have. What, I have learned in how to be happy is................

Appreciating what you already have. Appreciate it every day, for you NEVER know when it will be gone and honestly those people involved absolutely need to know that they mean that to you. Never assume anything, especially that they know you love them. Love should never be assumed. Of course repeating "I love you" to your loved ones all the time in that meaningless way doesn't really tell them how much you appreciate them. Nothing speaks louder than actions.

And, one of the most important things a marraige counselor every taught me.............

No one is responsible for your own happiness. We are the only one who can make ourselves happy. Yes, people can make us miserable, but (and here's the most important part) WE ALLOW THEM TO. I think also on this same note one could say, living in reality. Living in reality about who a person is and accepting who they are and loving them knowing they have those things that you don't like. It's golden! We all know you can't change people. Not that people don't change. God willing, we all change. It's called growth, but people have to change themselves.

There's always more to be said but I often go on too long. So this is the short and sweet.

May you all, every one of you, realize that you already have every thing that you will ever need or want. All in yourselves.




What have you learned in Life about Happiness?

3 comments:

  1. That was a very wise marriage counselor. All good tips! I think this is my favorite quote. I believe it's Abraham Lincoln:

    "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips!

    Stopping by from SITS to welcome you to the community!

    ReplyDelete