Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ode to the Pa apartment

You were pretty good to me over the past 3 years. I never thought I'd stay here this long.

If it weren't for you I wouldn't have fallen in love for the first time after my ex, on the other hand thanks a lot for that fiasco. Lol.

If I didn't live here I never would have met several neighbors but most importantly Kathy and Valerie, and Chris and Adrienne but definitely Kathy and Valerie.

I might have never learned how to jump the fence to swim after hours. God, I am gonna REALLY MISS the pool :(

Thank you for sharing your space with me and my friends and my pets. Thank you for housing me during this past Winter and the horrendous amounts of snow fall. All 48 + inches.

You were my tattoo parlor for a weekend. Many people are thankful for that and you gave me what I always wanted. Not only the tattoo itself but the memory and experience of that weekend. I will never forget it.

You were at times the vessel for my dreams. Leaving them in my hands to make them come true as only the dreamer can do.

You were the recording studio for my singing along and my audience when there wasn't one.

You were the babysitter who looked after my cat when I left town for days on end only to return to a warm and happy kittyhug. Yes, my cat gives hugs. Its a wonderful thing.

You watched over me when I was sick with the flu for a week and when I fell skiing. Protecting me while I recovered.

You were my restaurant when I entertained others or even if it was just me.

Thank you. May your next inhabitants care for you as I have or better and be grateful and happy for all you offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment