Monday, November 22, 2010

Peach pie with tapioca




Ok, I may not being baking while traveling these days. I am not cooking much at all. I don't even have any of my recipes with me on my travels but I had to share a tip for Steph's post today. If you've never made pie with tapioca in it, then I suggest you do. It retains alot of flavor and moisture. Peach pie is my favorite and here is one compliments of allrecipes.com. Happy Thanksgiving!


Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
Ingredients
1 pastry for double-crust pie
5 cups sliced peeled peaches
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Directions
1.Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate; set aside. In a bowl, combine peaches, lemon juice and extract. Add sugar, tapioca and salt; toss gently. Pour into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack.
.

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!! I would never think to mix those two things, but I may give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I love peach pie and have never heard of it mixed with tapioca.

    Thanks as well for your comment and link to the photo blog--I was not familiar with their site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not what you think until you try it. The tapioca pearls turn into a slightly gelatinous congeal without being too syrup or jelly like.

    ReplyDelete