Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanklessness



Imagine the world without gratitude!

Let's think for a minute what that really means.

Living your life expecting yourself to receive everything and anything you get. Living your life miserable because, well frankly, you hate your life because you never appreciated anything you have and only ever want more more more.

Either way, you never take a moment to thank anyone for what you have. Not even yourself. I'm not talking God. I'm not talking your spouse. Not even your children, friends, family or doctor. Although ALL of these peeople should be thanked. I've heard the arguements, "they know I love them and appreciate them, I shouldn't have to say it", if that were true there'd be alot less divorces and heartbreak in the world. Quite honestly, doesn't it just feel good to hear the words, "Thank you" and "I love you".

It doesn't have to be towards a specific person. I'm talking about just walking around aware that you have an opportunity that another person would give alot to have, or even you would give to get it back. It doesn't matter what your profession, your housing, whatever. There are people walking this world who would work alot harder than you to get what you already have. Sometimes people lose what they have and then when it's gone is when they finally "get it" and appreciate what they had.


After it/they are gone............it's just too late.


"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
-- Oprah Winfrey



Happy Thanksgiving

2 comments:

  1. Them are some very wise words. I need to write that on a post-it and stick it to my forehead...or on my night table at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great message for this holiday weekend and beyond. Thanks for sharing and I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete