Monday, December 6, 2010

Beaky Buzzard!

In case you didn't know, it was change your profile pic to a cartoon character for the weekend in support against child abuse. A friend of mine had a great idea that goes beyond bringing attention to it. At this time of year and while it's fresh in people's minds, it's a great opportunity to donate a few dollars to a child abuse organization such as Darkness to Light.

I was very torn about what to pic. My first instinct for some odd reason was Penelope Pitstop.




I loved her as a little kid, my second instinct was torn between Gosamer



and while searching I found my favorite cartoon EVER! It beats out any episode of any cartoon ever. I have very few if any top favorite anythings but this cartoon is my very absolute favorite cartoon and I just wanted to share it. I LOVE youtube!




Here's an update for anyone who says it's a scam and/or claims that it's a way for pedophiles to access.....blah, blah, blah.............. It started as a harmless scam and then people added a twist saying that pedophiles would get to your childrens photos. Check this rumor and scam debunking site. It just proves don't always believe everything you read or hear but really what's the harm in some child abuse awareness?

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/cartoon.asp

3 comments:

  1. Beaky Buzzard is new to me! But I do remember Penelope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh--I have not seen Beaky Buzzard in years.

    Yeah, the Snopes link is right on. I think the FBI's concerns that the Barbie video doll will be used for nefarious purposes is what folks should be worried about instead of the FB thing.

    ReplyDelete