Thursday, December 9, 2010

Can I do better?

Canidobetter.com is a website about couples. Really, it's a singles site in disguise. I say that because every link you click on there takes you to a sign up page for singles. Which makes this even more cynical. It's basically a site about mismatched couples.





but beauty is in the eye of the beholder!


I was driving to work and heard the morning show. You know, every city has a morning show. They were talking about this site. The dj actually sent his photo of him and a photo of his wife, so that people could vote on whether or not they could do better.

I couldn't believe it. Ok, I could believe it, but I thought it was very disheartening. I was sad for the people who decided to go there and post their pictures. They will never find happiness. In their mind all that they see in their mate is their exterior. Honestly, if someone needs to use this site to feel better, then they should just end their relationship and seriously get help for their insecurity.

Now as far as the comical application of this site, it's a great idea. I just don't think that everyone is using it for humor and entertainment.



Thankful Thursday quote-

"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life."
-- Christiane Northrup

6 comments:

  1. EEEEEK. That's awful! It's kind of like that "hotornot" site where people rated you on whether you were hot. First of all, most of the people doing the ratings are probably 15 and anyone over 25 looks "old" to them. Plus, why would people want to put that much stock in what a bunch of strangers say?

    Still, good idea for a site because people will do it. You know they will. I'd just better not see my husband putting our photo out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! I think that's horrible. Why would you want to put a photo of you and your significant other and then ask people to judge you? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still, if your partner can do better it means you've married up, gotta' be happy about that!

    I can see the humour, and the horror. Are people so bored that these sort of sites pass for entertainment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sad! People come up with the craziest things. Love the quote. Something good to think about this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pictures of the DJ for me to judge? :)

    My friend was a travel nurse many years ago. She loved it. I got to stay with her in NYC in an amazing apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not heard of that before. Sounds like something that I see as a waste of time--sad.

    Just hope the Mrs. does not decide to post our photo there or I am a goner.

    ReplyDelete