Thursday, December 2, 2010

Somtimes the grass is just spraypainted greener on the other side (part 3)





Can you see yourself honestly or do you see the over inflated ego version of you or is it the repressed and self defeated version? It's very difficult to be a self critic.

I was going through my blog posts and drafts page. I really wish I could list the posts and drafts separately, since I have alot of drafts that haven't seen their day yet. That's besides the point.

I saw The Grass is greener posts, Part 1 and Part 2 and had another though. Beyond having to fertilize our relationships and nurture them. It expands on the fact that you should be working on yourself.

The whole point to grass being greener or not, really comes down to perspective. If you are looking at the grass you're looking the wrong way.

Isn't it when people are at their lowest when they find themselves "falling" into something with someone outside of their relationship. I believe if a person is looking at how sad they are and how everyone let's them down and whoa is me, that's the time when you will see grass looking greener.

When really you need to flip the perspective and look within.


I don't mean to be cruel, but maybe this could help someone. If you find yourself fighting all the time and seriously unhappy and all you can ever think about is how wrong the other person is. If you've found yourself in this situation before and how everybody else looks better than the person you're with in ever way. Then take some time and take a hard serious look at yourself and ask yourself if you change YOURSELF not others, could that maybe be what's wrong with your life?

If the relationship you're already in could be the great thing that you have always wanted, but it just needs a more mature version of you, isn't it worth a try. Personal growth is a very valuable thing!


Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive without forgetting.
-- Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. I believe it often starts when they marry the wrong person in the first place. Too many people jump into relationships and lifelong commitments before really knowing who THEY are. Then, later down the road, they see something else and jump at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. I usually say: if you keep having the same problems in life or in relationships, you have to figure out what the common denominator is. Usually it's me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it right on the head mama!

    ReplyDelete