Sunday, December 26, 2010

Update on Mom

It turns out she had stroke on the mri but her syptoms are greatly improved so it really wasn't bad but apparently she still had a clot in her carotid artery surrounded by plaque. So the vascular surgeon decided to take her to the OR for carotid endarterectomy, alot of lay people call it a roto-rooter. Which it basically is, it's the removal of clot and plaque from the carotid artery to prevent any disruption of blood flow to the brain again.

Here's a great video for anyone who likes visuals. My sister played this for my mom and dad from her phone. They used to enjoy watching televised surgery when surgeries were first showed on pbs. We actually recorded surgeries on vhs, way back.



Dad hasn't seen her except for the video of her I took on Christmas day. I took a video greeting of each of them on my phone to show the other, since he's still stuck at home.

I found out they were going to do surgery on Christmas day and asked work about getting Christmas off and then the day for surgery was moved to Sunday but they still gave me the 2 days off to get home and see her. I mostly stayed with my dad and made sure he was ok.

She did great. Surgery was a total success. She'll be home tomorrow or tuesday! She's so very lucky! Lots of support and prayers!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your mother is doing so well and that you were able to spend Christmas with both your parents. It's hard to be away when your folks go through these difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to be there with her. You guys are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your Mom is doing better. Prayers for her and your entire family. I hope everything turns out okay.

    ReplyDelete