Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What a long strange trip it's been.

Well, here I am in California. It's been very anticlimactic. Odd. I have referred to myself as "Going to Cali" since 2008 blogging on Myspace. A strange series of events. I knew I would go. I rarely to never talk about something and not do it.

 

Maybe I should bring things up to speed..............

 

 

Last I blogged I was in Durham NC. I left there in August and traveled across Kentucky, Tennessee and NC, visiting Asheville to see the Biltmore estate.

 

 

Biltmore is very beautiful. It's well worth the visit and would love to see it at Christmas. Then I went to Mammoth Cave National Park. Loved it there. I discovered caving and spelunking
and had a blast. I honestly think it is a great deal. All of the excursions and the cabins are reasonably priced and just a good time, hiking, biking, nature.... Next I was on to the Great Smoky Mountains. I climbed Chimney tops but I did not get all the way to the top. There has been erosion to the usual access rock and the alternate is not safe for me hiking alone.

 

This was the view from the top and it doesn't do it justice.

 

 

 

 

 

and this was the view from the bottom on the road.
Then I started my next assignment in Wilmington NC. My least favorite hospital by far but I got to spend time with my niece and her family. I even got to see my sister and her husband twice. I was by the beach which was a huge plus.

 

While I was there I visited Charleston

 

 

and Savannah

 

 

Two very beautiful cities.

 

Then I left for home in Pennsylvania. I got to spend several weeks home for November and December. It was nice to see everyone and I hadn't spent that much time at home since I started this adventure.

 

Knowing what a tough Winter my parents had the year before I was hesitant but I have been wanting to wrap up travel nursing within this year. So planning for an asssignment in Texas turned into a last minute trip across the country...............

 

 

More to come.

3 comments:

  1. love everything! would you enjoy following each other? kisses

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for Travel Nurses that would be interested in being featured on my site as Guest Bloggers. Your experiences are perfect for my Travel Nursing blog/site. Would you be interested in submitting a short blog? Please contact me @ gypsynurse@gmail.com if your interested. You can check out the website at http://thegypsynurse.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved the Biltmore. I hope you are doing ok in Cali and enjoying the weather (especially this time of year).

    ReplyDelete